Resource Centre & Archives
CANADA'S LARGEST LENDING LIBRARY OF DANCE RELATED MATERIALS!
Dance Saskatchewan Inc. is proud to offer Saskatchewan residents one of Canada’s largest lending libraries dedicated to dance. The DSI Resource Centre was opened in 1989 while the Archives were not added until 2014.
As a stand-alone library, a distinct and notably rare service provider, the DSI Resource Centre & Archives is proud to make available to its members our ever-expanding collection of books and DVDs.
The Resource Centre is open:
Mondays 9:00am to 4:30pm
Tuesdays 9:00am to 4:30pm
Wednesdays 9:00am to 4:30pm
Thursdays 9:00am to 4:30pm
Fridays Resource Centre is Closed - Ask Dance Saskatchewan staff for assistance
The DSI Resource Centre and Archives goal is to make dance accessible to all. As an outreach centre, we provide materials and staff knowledge on a variety of subjects (including but not limited to: lighting, sound, staging, and costuming; multiple forms of dance through bibliographies, histories of dance, training techniques, lesson planning, as well as, the Oral Histories of Dance from some of our provinces most memorable dance pioneers) all found easily by coming into the DSI Resource Centre and browsing, asking one of the knowledgeable staff, or by letting your fingers do the browsing for you though our online OPAC catalogue. In this way, the DSI Resource Centre & Archives remains available to those residing within our local community and to those in our provinces outlying communities.
1. Any member may use the Resource Centre.
2. Members are able to borrow up to 10 items.
3. Items may be borrowed a maximum of 30 days.
4. Shipping charges to return items are at the borrowers expense.
5. Out of province members pay shipping (sent/return)
6. If any item is lost or destroyed, the borrower will be charged the replacement value.
7. Items can be renewed twice by the borrower if the items have not been put on hold.
8. Resource Centre privileges can be revoked if the rules are not adhered to.
HOW TO ORDER
1. Provide the title, author, call number or subject you are looking for.
2. If this information is not available, the resource technician will be able to assist you.
3. Members or non-members can request items via telephone, e mail or in person.
WHAT'S IN THE RESOURCE CENTRE & ARCHIVES
Special Collections Include:
Free Flow Dance Theatre Company
Lusia Pavlychenko Collection
HOW TO RESEARCH ONLINE
Go to the DANCE SASKATCHEWAN INC website: www.dancesask.com
Go to Services.
Go to Online Catalog.
You will get to "Search Bibliography" by Search Phrase: Title, Author, Subject, Key Word or Call Number.
Click which one you wish to search for, type your search in the box and click 'search'.
The search results will appear and you can sort by author or title.
If more information is needed click on the title and the full information will appear.
When you search by subject, more items related to your search will appear.
Example: BALANCHINE, GEORGE OR GEORGE BALANCHINE.
All the items about Balanchine will appear in either reading or audiovisual materials.
Examples of General Subjects: BALLET DANCING, BALLROOM DANCING, BIOGRAPHY, CREATIVE DANCE, FOLK DANCING, HIP HOP, JAZZ DANCING, MODERN DANCE, TAP DANCING.
Examples of Specific Subjects: ARGENTINE TANGO-INSTRUCTION, MODERN DANCE-TECHNIQUE-GRAHAM, NUTCRACKER (NUREYEV).
Come and visit our Resource Centre & Archives! Get new ideas! Refresh or reinvent yourself as a dancer, teacher, student or choreographer.
For the Love of Dance,
Resource & Archives Manager